AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bought some cows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Cyclone88
Posted 6/11/2022 18:59 (#9700820)
Subject: Bought some cows

NE IA
Part of some ground I picked up was 33 acres of pasture. The plan was to run some stockers out there but after starting to work on the fence and got looking at it, I figure cows were the way to go since the fence is not the best in places and cows arent as apt to push on fences as feeders are. Well talked to the local sale barn owner about it and he called me yesterday and said he had some what they call "rebreeds" ie. come from out west, lost there calf and were sold for whatever reason. 15 were first calvers this year and 8 were 3rd calvers this year. Price was right on them so we took a chance on them. Going to get them bred and resell in Dec/Jan and hopefully make a little on them. Anyone on here do anything like this? My father in law bought a group last year with the intentions to do the same thing but wasnt happy with what he was seeing for breds and instead calved them out and had great luck. I guess I may be too optimistic but I paid close to 100$ less for these than I did for some 5wts in my feedlot right now.

(cows (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cows (full).jpg (166KB - 128 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)