AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trouble getting GPS speed on guidance and radar speed on rate controller to match
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 6/12/2022 13:04 (#9701800 - in reply to #9701352)
Subject: RE: "rest of the story"

Sanilac Co. Michigan
tedbear - 6/12/2022 07:20

It might be a Raven radar but would not have to be since many other brands can work also. A DJ gun should point toward the ground at a 37 degree angle. You might have an old Magnovox (half a soccer ball) but most of them have died by now. A Raven radar (not sure they are made anymore) is a rectangular box about half the height of a shoe box.

The radar gun can be replaced with a hockey puck type GPS speed device which work well but you may not want to invest in that for your sprayer.

The Raven 440/450 were the "standard" for many years and can continue to work well. The MT can work also but in my opinion, the Raven is a superior unit.

Given the pump drive information, I wouldn't run your tanks empty.

Thanks Ted. Got to looking closer and yes, it's a DJ radar and yes it's set at @37° to the ground. Needed reading glasses to make out the label! Same with the pump, it's a 200.

Like I said, it's a 90' spray boom with three 30' section control valves. I'd like to add more valves for a little more control as most of my fields are pretty irregularity shaped. Uses big old solenoid valves, not ball valves. I'd imagine I won't get to that yet this season.

Appreciate your help, it's a real learning experience for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)