AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skid Steer Trenchers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 6/11/2022 21:44 (#9701050 - in reply to #9700303)
Subject: RE: Skid Steer Trenchers

south central IOWA
I've installed quite a bit of tile with a Cat brand trencher. Mainly for tiling out gutters on houses. The more you run one, the better you get with it. I think they work pretty slick. I use a pick axe in the bottom of the trench to smooth it out if that's what I need. A crumber is nice to have but if you're just cutting across a gate opening, you might not need it. Can start a little closer to things without the crumber on. If the trench isn't clean enough or deep enough, just retrench it. It's easy to do.

Need a 2ft wide hole to start? Just start working it back and forth. Can backfill the trench faster with it too than putting the bucket on.

It'll yank up basketball sized rocks too. I like to run it with the chain almost vertical even if I'm only going a foot or so deep. You can see better and I think it works better. Just need a mudflap so you don't bust the door glass.

There's different teeth you can get for them. Ours has a few rock teeth or frost teeth on it. It will chew through some rocks if you let it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)