AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Banjo 200 digital Flowmeter problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/10/2022 07:05 (#9698815 - in reply to #9698780)
Subject: RE: Banjo 200 digital Flowmeter problem

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Mine did work but seemed like it was very fussy about orientation, amount of straight flow etc. I hope the new owner is happy with it. I did like the idea that it would "stay on" as long as the cover was open. The Raven battery model "times outs" to save the battery. With complex batches were I need to stop making a batch to get in some other products, it can "time out" on me so I need to be certain that it hasn't gone to sleep on me before I resume.

Raven has at least two styles. One is the type with a battery and display mounted on a flow meter. I have this style and attached a Male Quick coupler on one end and a Female coupler on the other end so I can insert it at any junction. The other style uses a regular Flow meter such as used on a sprayer with a separate display that shows the running total. Another choice would be to use an old Raven spray controller and just check the Volume from it. This would be overkill in a sense but if you have one lying around, it can run off of a common 12V battery that could last a long time before needing to be recharged. An older Raven 400, 440 or such might be quite cheap on a farm sale.

My homemade electric display runs off of 110VAC in the mixing shed and can "stay on" all day. I made it with a 2" Raven Flow meter and an Arduino Nano with a couple of 4 digit 7 segment displays. By having two displays, I can observe the reading from anywhere close. This was a Winter time hobby project that turned out to be very useful. I did need to make a sun screen for one display so I can read it better in direct sunlight.

Edited by tedbear 6/10/2022 07:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)