AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leaned my lesson today, check your vehicle insurance?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 6/8/2022 18:33 (#9696730)
Subject: Leaned my lesson today, check your vehicle insurance?

Central Kansas
Breaking news, found out today that my vehicle Insurance policy does not carry any provided rental benefits. After a rain last night and rain for about the last 10 nights, I was traveling down a county road looking at the farm fields and hit a sloppy area of the road that had minimal gravel on it but not from a washout but just a poor judgment of gravel being applied by our wonderful county! Anyway, my pick up got away from me went into a deep grader ditch and hit a tree. A good neighbor came along just about three minutes after it happened and pulled me out of the ditch and then we assess the damage. The hood the bumper the right front fender and headlight assembly along with some bracing was damaged. $5,000 estimate for right now unless they find more damage. Anyway back to the insurance, I figured that I would get a rental pick up for farm use here while the truck is in the shop for at least 10 days, when they can get the schedule in and get parts. Placed a claim with my insurance company and find out I do not have rental coverage!!! I just figured that the coverage I had included this but no it’s a special writer and was never, and I say never mention to me!!!! I have had insurance on with this nameless company on this pick up since 2003 and never had a review. Maybe some of my fault but for what insurance costs and premiums you would’ve thought that this would have been included..... I find out a measly $40 a year would have covered. Once this claim is settled I’m leaving this company and going to another one that I had a meeting with today after the wreck and yes they have the same arrangement about a rental vehicle but they told me that they review my insurance every year and make suggestions. You might check your insurance and if you so desire, get the coverage if you don’t have it. Thanks for letting me vent..........Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)