AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader In Deere 4720 Boom switches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/10/2022 05:54 (#9698704 - in reply to #9697504)
Subject: RE: Agleader In Deere 4720 Boom switches

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
OK, I follow you now. I haven't had that sprayer for a few years and forgot about those sequential switches on the joystick. Since I added the Ag Leader system to my sprayer right away after purchase I never used those joystick buttons.

With auto swath working properly I don't know why you would need them. I don't think I ever tried mine. As shown in the drawing, the Deere switches which originally opened the valve AND informed the Deere system that a section is ON are rewired to become inputs to the Auxiliary Input Module. The output from the Liquid Product Control module now goes to the connection that informs the Deere system that a section is ON as well as actually opening the valve.

This means that the Ag Leader system is "in between" the Deere switches and the signal back to the Deere controller and the section valves. This means that the Ag Leader system can in effect "flip the section switches ON/OFF for you".

Having the Deere sequential switches AND the Ag Leader system both working with the sections could cause a conflict of "who's in charge here".

My procedures is to "picture frame" the field with auto swath inactive. The reason being that some of my fields have inaccurate boundaries, some have accurate boundaries and some don't have boundaries at all. Once I have the field "picture framed" I may make another pass on the headlands. When starting the "meat" of the field itself, I pick my first pass and turn on the Master manually with my foot. I then activate auto swath and let the system work for me. When I slow down to make the turn around and note that auto swath has turned OFF all boom sections, I step on the Ag Leader foot switch thus preventing any booms from coming back ON while I make my turn. Once the booms are fully back over the headlands, I hit the foot switch again turning the Master ON, the sections will stay OFF until auto swath decides that they should be back On.

Some would argue that turning the Ag Leader Master OFF and then back ON should not be necessary. In many cases it would not be but there is the chance (it happened) that the outer tips of the outer boom pass over unsprayed ground while I make the turn. Without an accurate boundary, this could result in the outer section turning ON for a bit and then OFF again. I did this along my brothers driveway. RUP still works on grass. After seeing the dead arcs of grass along his driveway, I went to the ritual on turning the Master OFF and then back ON. It's not that hard as I used to do it for every end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)