AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeder Cattle Market is on Fire
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 6/8/2022 22:14 (#9697143 - in reply to #9696900)
Subject: RE: Feeder Cattle Market is on Fire

Missouri

Excellent discussion.  Enjoy the different thoughts and angles presented.  Feelnrite does offer some merit as to the effects of higher fuel prices only problem is the higher fuel prices push inflation faster than it slows it.  This whole thing reminds me so much of the Jimmy Carter years at the start of the Ag Crisis late 70-80's much of the general economy missed the pain suffered in Agriculture.  Price controls then and in our near future will be on the table will be my prediction.  What we are living threw is a war that will fundamentally change America. Some thing tells me its going to be a long summer of unrest. Good time to relax swing for a single or double and slow up on the home run swings.  Luck had my age trying to become established and expand during the Ag Crisis and picked up the pieces of those that got slaughtered by it . We have seen this book before it was called helicopter money previous.

As for cattle specifically cow numbers are lining up to short supplies in addition and separate from inflationary discussions on demand reduction.  So making it all work with higher prices on everything is going to be challenging in itself and may take some luck. Its not going to be easy. But hopefully we can draw some winning cards. Direction of the General Economy will be huge to the beef industry's future.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)