AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader Steady Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 6/6/2022 21:25 (#9693907 - in reply to #9693617)
Subject: RE: Agleader Steady Steer

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

I'm only "reusing" the old Integra's Display cable with my new Incommand 1200 monitor, BUT the conversion of the Ethernet connection, is not even available, I found out , Today.{from the old phone jack style, to the newer M2 design} .
There was some "mis-communication" between myself and the Dealer sales person . I was thinking "one-way" in my mind, and sales person had a different image in his mind. (problem with no pictures or drawings, when it comes to buying this stuff.

I've already purchased the $225 "adapter cable" (that goes from Integra display cable to go into the back of the Incommand 1200)
They sell a brand new Incommand 1200 Display cable for $350; if a person choose to go that route.

I dislike the connector, on the newer M2 Ethernet cable/s (for the Incommand 1200), seems difficult to get lined up and start those "internal threads" with their design, swapping back and forth, thus I'm considering running just one M2 cable, and moving it with the Incommand 1200 monitor, so it never has to be disconnected, at the monitor's.

Sales person had mentioned they seen some issues, with damage on the back of the Incommand 1200's larger Electrical connector, and thus monitor/s had to be send to Ag leader, for repair ( I don't want to get into any of this type of repairs = trying to think ahead, and be careful and easy on this precision stuff)

Just today, I set up Both tractors, so I "could" remove monitor, ethernet M2 cable AND Terrain Comp module (SCM) ALL as a unit; and carry to the entire assembly from one tractor to another and never "unhook" that M2 ethernet cable. This method would also save me $100 (no 2nd cable needed, for 2nd tractor)

I just calibrated the 4440, tonight, but I must not have had the steer column clamp tight enough (anti-rotation), as I seen it had shifted/rotated, thus I'm going to improve that AND then re-calibrate , out in the pasture, again. Probably add a 2" muffler clamp, to column and tach weld to Ag Leader's bracket, thus giving much more clamping surface area, on JD's 2" steering column.

Edited by 4WD 6/6/2022 21:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)