AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader Steady Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 6/5/2022 13:12 (#9691735 - in reply to #9691505)
Subject: RE: Agleader Steady Steer

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

Thanks for the feedback, as I just bought a SteadySteer  (for JD4440) and an additional steering wheel kit, for the JD8410.

Ag Leader sent me the wrong cable, for Ethernet, I'm going from Integra Display cable (old style) to the newer M2 ethernet cable "end"{$100} for SCM (terrain compensation)  They sent me the newer style (M2 to M2) for my "second cable" ; which is not what the dealer quoted me. Will call dealer on Monday.

I built my own SCM base plates, as the 8410 Ag Leader one ($145). It wants to take up the space for my lunchbox, inside the cab; and I can't have that.

Even the generic JD4440 base plate, was going to be $100.

Both homemade plates are mounted in lower, front Right-hand corner, of each cab.

Not really impressed with their 8410 brackets, for anti-rotation , on steering column. Had to add a wood block, with a center groove, to miss the JD "bump" in upper JD non-square telescopic tubing, that Ag Leader wants you to bolt onto.
Got that done, last night, and painted Black. Fits solid, now = no wiggle.

I put Both SteadySteer motors at the 2 O'clock position, and 4440 anti-rotation at 12:00 and 8410 at 6:00 , for its anti-rotation pin. 

Still working on cable routing= this tends to be the most frustrating, to make "look half-ways" decent.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)