AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4830 Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WPFarm
Posted 6/4/2022 11:51 (#9690198)
Subject: 4830 Question

SE MN
Today while spraying our 4830 starting doing some weird things. It is controlled by a 2600 display. First the left hand boom starting bouncing up and down erratically, never finding a position. We tried calibrating the sensors. (Deere, not Norac). You could put your hand under one of the sensors and the boom would go up, when I removed my hand it would come back down to a normal position and then resume bouncing.

We then powered down the display and restarted. The left side operated normally but the right side would ride up to 40 some inches and not return. Display would read the correct height. You could lift the tip, reengage boom track and it would work for about half a round.

Then the display starting playing the tones like the swath control was coming in and out while going down the field. While doing this all sections were still applying and field showed product being applied.

Next I was overlapping a previous pass and swath control would not work at all. Try unchecking, rececking the box.

Finally, the display showed an error that something to the effect of "A fatal error has occurred, the display must reset" I confirmed the reset, but the display locked up. Powered down, powered up. When it was back on line I had no previous data. No fields, growers, product, guidance lines, etc. Basically like a factory reset.
I created a dummy field and tried again. Boom track and swath control still not functioning.

Am I looking at a display issue or a controller issue?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)