AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ReCalculate in Libre Calc Spreadsheets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

H3f
Posted 6/11/2022 09:35 (#9700340 - in reply to #9688470)
Subject: RE: ReCalculate in Libre Calc Spreadsheets

It appears there is a random bug in Calc that is hard to eliminate:

From https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/calc-auto-recalc-does-not-work/3151/8
"libreoffice calc had / has a problem with ‘shared formulas’ randomly blocking autocalculate since years, i think 4.1.6.2 was the last ‘save’ version (it was without ‘shared formulas’). the problem described by Budi B L is still in 6.4.0.0.a1 for linux x64 if switched to ‘threaded’ calculate mode, may be also in ‘CL’-mode, ‘unthreaded’ looks working correctly as the bug appears only randomly it’s often considered fixed while still there but not apparent … ‘hard-recalc’ (ctrl-shift-F9) fixes the erroneous results (in most cases) but cells may stay excluded from autocalculation and produce new faults lateron.
you may find work on it at bugs.libreoffice.org 31, e.g. bug #123736."

I have had problems occasionally, usually when referencing external sheets or pivot tables. Sometimes I have had to reload the spreadsheet. I hope I can remember 'hard' recalc (ctrl-shift-F9) and try it next time.

On the headers and footers:
From https://easycloudsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/215292297-Lib...
Basically create a blank spreadsheet with your desired options and save it as a template and set it as the default.

I went a different route when I set Tahoma up as the default font. Under Tools-Options-LO advanced-Open Expert Configuration, I was able to search for font and found default font order and moved Tahoma to the front. I think if using Linux Tahoma font must be added under Linux to be available to all programs, not just LO. There may be a default page setting for headers and footers. I did not find it with a quick search.

Hope this helps, or maybe explains.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)