AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ReCalculate in Libre Calc Spreadsheets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/4/2022 10:11 (#9690082 - in reply to #9689780)
Subject: RE: ReCalculate in Libre Calc Spreadsheets

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I checked and I was on Version 7.0.2.2. I updated to Version 7.3.3.2 although I doubt that had anything to do with this.

I created the simple spreadsheet of your example. I changed one entry and the total changed as expected. I went back to my troublesome spreadsheet and made some changes which were updated correctly.

I went to the Data tab and down to Calculate where auto recalculation was checked. I purposely unchecked it and then changed some entries. The results that depended on them were not updated until I hit F9. I repeated the process with auto recalculation unchecked and changed some entries. The results were again not updated. I went in and checked auto recalculate back on. The results were all updated. In other words it works as I would expect.

An explanation of my former problem is that auto recalculation got unchecked unbeknown to me. Enabling auto recalculation should have caused the results to change but it didn't seem to.

I did do some research on this topic as far as Excel goes. I got the impression (likely incorrect) that auto recalculation is turned OFF when a change would result in a large number of results that depend on the change The idea being that if results were updated constantly in a large spreadsheet, the response time could be unusually slow. Excel uses F9 also to force a recalculation.

Edited by tedbear 6/4/2022 11:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)