AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CAT 4 Toplink Help Parts Needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Fly-N-Farm
Posted 6/3/2022 06:02 (#9688381)
Subject: CAT 4 Toplink Help Parts Needed

Bunker Hill, IL
I have a 385 Steiger that I bought used and have never used the hitch on until now. I am missing a piece of the top link of the 3-point.

I either need; to replace the top screw with a CAT 4 ball, as opposed to the fork that it has now, OR find a knuckle like the lower end has, which is a 1.78” hole on both directions (CAT4). The thread into the barrel is something like 2” but I would need to measure exactly.

Another option is if someone has a CAT4 quick hitch they want to get rid of. However, I think it would be better operationally if I keep the implement closer to the tractor to reduce the moment arm of a heavy mounted implement. On the other hand, it’s a huge pain to hook up without a quick hitch.

The pictures should show what I have and what I’m up against. Please help if you know where I could get these pieces and what is available. I have had little to no luck even finding any CAT4 parts. There are lots of aftermarket parts for the smaller size hitch parts, but none for CAT4. I can get that knuckle piece from the dealer, but I’m pretty sure they thought it was made of iridium or gold or some other rare material due to the price they told me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)