AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's a decent drone for around the farm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Bennachie
Posted 6/5/2022 21:23 (#9692319 - in reply to #9687775)
Subject: RE: What's a decent drone for around the farm?

SW Nebraska Panhandle

We have an Autel Evo.  Had for 3 years.  Very easy to learn and fly and takes really good pics and videos.  They have replaced with the Evo II.  I got it on the recommendation of a serious drone pilot.  Personally have not compared it to others.  Use it to scout fields.  Shows very interesting trends on the field you would never see on the ground or a yield monitor like the impact of poorly distributed straw/chaff, compaction locations, etc.  Also send pics to landlords during the season -they really appreciate it.  Have used it to check cows when it was too wet to drive anything on the ground.  They don't like the sound much so kind of hard to get a close look.  Could probably drive cattle with one if you wanted to.

Might think about getting a locator like a Marco Polo in case of loss.  I had one take off on it's own and never did find it.  Installed a Marco Polo finder (used for drones and pets).  Little beacon weighs maybe an ounce and can locate anything a mile or so away.  Good insurance and for piece of mind.  If you come across an orange drone out there let me know.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)