AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rapid City Beef packing plant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

oldskool
Posted 6/1/2022 23:29 (#9686875 - in reply to #9686692)
Subject: RE: Rapid City Beef packing plant

Dakota pac was in rapid city. Honestly I won’t be investing until the third bankruptcy after watching the Aberdeen fiasco. That seems like the point when they will start making a profit after buying for pennies on pennies on the original dollar invested to build the facility. Not what most investors want to hear but keep both eyes open if going all in.

A plant of any size will change the structure of this side of the river. Pasture is already being planted to corn with these prices. Imagine if basis was decent how much more would be tore up. The cowboys are getting long in the tooth and feedwagons aren’t the dirty word they used to be around here. Give it another generation and I could easily see the cow calf operations diversifying.

Was pretty sad deal how fast the Aberdeen plant changed the town to a city. Rapid on the other hand hasn’t been classy in my lifetime, a few more bad apples wouldn’t even be noticed in that barrel. I90 would take a beating with that many loaded semis hauling in and out. Probably look like I80 within 2 years.

Would like to see a plant closer and I hope it works if they get one put up. Just seen this wreck before and I’ll steer clear until they get the kinks worked out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)