AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 4700 spryer Agleader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/31/2022 06:31 (#9683988 - in reply to #9683577)
Subject: RE: John Deere 4700 Sprayer Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have done this with my own 4720. I worked for several years as a Tech also. The original section switches need to be rewired to become inputs to the Ag Leader Auxiliary Input module rather than control the section valves directly as they have done in the past. In simplistic terms this involves moving some wires around so the outputs from the section switches go to the AIM. The outputs from the Liquid Module go to the connections that was formerly connected to the section switches. This means the Ag Leader is in the middle of things and can turn the sections and Brown box ON/OFF for you. If this is not done properly you won't have a prayer of a chance of this combination working properly.

There also needs to be a flow meter Tee cable that goes between the Deere flow meter and its harness to feed the flow signal to the Liquid Product Control module.

However, if the section switches have not been rewired then that is your major problem. Ag Leader has a kit and instructions for doing this. It is not terribly difficult but can be confusing. An Ag Leader Master switch (I used an old car dimmer switch) is also necessary.

The 800 would also need the auto swath unlock which comes standard with the 1200 model. Without auto swath you could still have mapping so a lack of the auto swath unlock is not the immediate problem.

I used to reply with a lengthy explanation of how this is all done but I've decided that in many cases the poster doesn't read nor try my suggestions anyway so I don't bother as much any more.

Edited by tedbear 5/31/2022 08:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)