AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Viper 4 monitor,PWM bodies ?? Miller sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WilgerIndustries
Posted 5/26/2022 10:11 (#9676587 - in reply to #9676487)
Subject: RE: Raven Viper 4 monitor,PWM bodies ?? Miller sprayer

I'd double check on the nozzle bodies. Pretty common to have the tips not go with the sprayer, but very weird if they pulled the nozzle bodies off.

As far as nozzle bodies, if you were transitioning to PWM, you'd likely want stackable bodies. Not too many options in the market, but there are a few. You might be talking $30-45/body.

So, if you were on 15" spacing (I'd double check that too), that'd be 96 bodies + spares, so roughly $3000-4500 for bodies.

For the aftermarket aim if it didn't have Intellispray (PWM system), then you'd be looking at either Capstan EVO (turn comp by section) or PinPoint (Individual nozzle turn comp) or Hawkeye (Individual Nozzle turn comp option, otherwise virtual section control (so tighter turn comp by smaller outside sections).
I don't know what availability of the aftermarket systems are like right now, but I'd suspect they'd be relatively rough. Probably talking $30-40,000 for the system too. EVO would be cheaper, but not sure what the current cost of it is.

Aside from that, there'd be a whole lot of savings to be able to take a look at the sprayer and verify what it has. If it had Capstan solenoids (Sharpshooter or PinPoint) on it from before, you can upgrade to EVO with just replacing the wiring harnesses/screens, as it'd use the same solenoids, which would be a lot more cost effective.

Just a few things to consider on potential cost. Seems suspicious if nozzle bodies were removed. Those would probably be the last things that would be taken off a sprayer to move to the new sprayer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)