AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AG262 firmware
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SPOLJC
Posted 5/24/2022 14:18 (#9673476 - in reply to #9672958)
Subject: RE: AG262 firmware

I found out, there might be a problem in data cable, 12 deutch to db9...
I made that cable a long time ago, and I used only 3 wires, TX, RX and GND, and it has worked good with Ag remote, but maybe there is a problem here when I want to instal firmware with Flash loader, that might need additional wire..

I think cable is Trimble PN ZTN50166, so tomorrow I am going to make full range cabel with all 9 pins used... I have already found sheme on this forum...
maybe it will work then...

I have similar cable, from Vaderstad (European made of drill) which I used to upgrade firmare on its controller (serial) and on that cable, there is on vaderstad side a plug with 2 used pins, TX, RX, and GND, but on other side, when I open the DB9 connector, it is not just wired TX RX and GND on theirs pins... there are some interconnections inside that connects some pins with others, and with that cable, I upgraded controller without any problems...

If I have made that cable by my self, I would have probably connected only that 3 pins, and it would not work... why they use that additional pins I dont know, but they probably should be used...
so I asume that for upgrading firmware Flash loader use aditional pins which my cable doesnt have... I hope so...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)