AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exporting data ag leader Incommand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/21/2022 06:02 (#9668756 - in reply to #9668422)
Subject: RE: Exporting data ag leader Incommand

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not certain but I think there is a way if you act fairly quickly. With the older systems such as the Insight when you did a download, you got a warning that the data would be deleted. This was not completely true. The truth was that when you downloaded the data the data was "marked" to be deleted in 30 days. That meant if you did a download through the "regular" process that the data was still there and you had the ability to download it again IF you did this through another route and within 30 days.

As a Tech we were advised "not to tell the customers this" as this might cause a false sense of security. My advice to customers was to "Not download the data unless you plan on taking it to a computer right away". This was to lessen the likelihood that a customer would download the data and lose the memory device before they got it to a computer. My advice was always to make a copy of the data on the computers hard drive or some other memory device BEFORE trying any processing. That way if you accidently erased the memory device you had a spare.

If the worst happened and the 30 day limit had not passed we could have them download the data again through an alternate process and the data was retrieved. Then after the 30 days from the initial download has passed, the data was actually deleted. The purpose of this house cleaning was so the Insight's memory would not be exceeded by old data from the past.

The data structure on the InCommand (I have 3 myself) is different. I am fairly confident that Ag Leader has a method to handle your situation. My gut tells me that your data is still there and that you need a different approach to download it again. Not knowing what the limits might be (30 days for the older Insight) you are wise to investigate this now. I have been fortunate and have not needed to download my data a second time. I have need to talk to my Ag Leader dealer today where I worked before retirement and will ask about this.

Along this topic, I use the Ag Finiti app on my iPad. The iPad is physically carried in the planting tractor or combine. The InCommand and iPad app communicate between themselves in what is called "Soft Access Pont" mode. The internet is not required nor involved. The two devices communicate back/forth just between themselves wirelessly which is why the iPad needs to be in the tractor or combine physically close to the InCommand. If I look at my iPad settings for Wi-Fi, one of the choices which is usually already active because it is so strong is InCommand.

Once a field is completed (I can force this process), the data from the field is transferred as a "batch" to the iPad. The Ag Finiti app can then create its own map and summary pages. When I remove the iPad and carry to my office, my Wi-Fi setting changes to my home network automatically. I can then print directly from the iPad to my office printer.

This means for basic variety and yield maps I do not need to process the data through SMS at all. SMS is very powerful and has many options that my approach does not allow but for the basic variety and yield maps it works fine. The iPad can be hand carried for scouting etc. through the growing season.

Possibly an InCommand 800 can not do this. My experience is with the InCommand 1200.

Edited by tedbear 5/21/2022 06:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)