AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP……..I have precision planting stumped….. 20/20 Gen 2 w/ seed sense
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Patriotfarmer1985
Posted 5/14/2022 23:24 (#9660812)
Subject: HELP……..I have precision planting stumped….. 20/20 Gen 2 w/ seed sense

I have a 2014 John Deere 1790 12/23 with Seed Star 2. I have 2 hydraulic drive motors with row command and section control. The tractor I run is a 2019 John Deere 8245R with Gen 4 technology. I had tru acre install the Precision Gen 2 20/20 with seed sense and down force sensors. I started the year checking my end row shutoffs and during that time I found that my right hydraulic motor was spinning way too fast and erratic, the left motor was spinning at the assigned rate. Then I get a message on the monitor that said “hydraulic drives failed, check power to hydraulic drive motors, see operators manual”. My true acre rep said it was a Deere issue. I unhooked all the precision harnesses and put the planter back to original and all worked well, both motors were in sync. My precision rep call precision planting and they said we needed an adapter to prevent voltage from back feeding to the Deere ISOBUS. I got the adaptor and plugged all the precision stuff in and I’m the problem was still there. Then Precision said the main seed sense harness must be bad so they sent me a new one. Same deal, right motor erratic. So long story short We had a weather break and I had to get planting, so I have been looking at a blank 20/20 Gen 2 that I was looking forward to using. The planter has operated flawlessly running all original equipment. I was curious if anyone else has had this problem, precision said they have never had this happen before, not sure I believe them. My tru acre rep said he has done a lot of 1700 series planters with no issues and he has never encountered this problem, I believe him as we have a great working relationship with the company. Any input would be great, precision has opened a case file on this issue but who knows how long that takes. Before I get a refund and upgrade to all Deere equipment which costs alot more I wanted to see if you guys had any input?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)