AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS direction of travel issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 5/11/2022 22:33 (#9657065)
Subject: GPS direction of travel issues

Leesburg, Ohio
Having issues keeping the correct direction of travel on the 4640 screen in our 4830 sprayer.
We have almost no fields that are square...almost all are irregular shapes with point rows and curved edges. I use adaptive curve to do the outside two passes around almost every field.

The problem: Every time I back into a corner while in adaptive curve mode, and pull away from the corner going forward, the sprayer icon on the screen flips backwards and the screen shows the sprayer travelling backwards. Does it every time. Sometimes it will flip to the correct orientation in just a few yards, sometimes it stays backwards all the way across the field.

It still maps coverage, and still lays down an adaptive curve guidance line, but while flipped backwards, it thinks the previously sprayed area is reversed side-to-side, and double applies one side and totally misses the other side. Sometimes the guidance line it lays down is off by several feet when flipped, sometimes the line is not affected.

Eventually it flips back to the correct orientation, but twists the coverage map, causing section control to double cover some and miss some in the process.

I have learned to work around it by turning off section control in the corners. I just ignore the flipped status, and leave section control off until it flips back, but that means I have much more double-applied area in the corners.

I thought there was a manual way to change direction of travel on a 2630 screen, but cannot find any such control in the 4640. Seems like the problem is worse with the 4640 than it was with the 2630. The 2630 did it occasionally, the 4640 every single time. Also seems worse with the 6000 receiver than it was with the 3000.

I have called our dealer's AMS techs, and they know about the problem, and have filed DTAC cases, (including one for me) but have no answers.

So, my question is, does anyone else have this issue, and what can be done about it? Is there a way to manually flip direction of travel in the 4640?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)