AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 3 Regular *
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Byrdy
Posted 4/29/2022 11:35 (#9637378 - in reply to #9635035)
Subject: RE: Phantom 3 Regular *

I use an old Mavic Pro from about 2017 that I bought used and it works pretty well.

When you buy an old drone you give up a little bit of reliability, and also flight time. My Mavic Pro gets about 25min. of flight time compared to 40min. with the Mavic 3. I've never used a phantom, but I do know their a dying breed because foldable drones are much more portable. I just bought 4 new aftermarket batteries off Amazon for like $65 each.

https://smile.amazon.com/Powerextra-Battery-Intelligent-Replacement-...

As for options, they'll all work for general field scouting, and can handle 25 mph like a breeze (no pun intended) :-)

the main trouble you will have is the batteries. you just need to watch them to make sure they aren't going to give up the ghost at 400 feet over standing corn in july. (Yeah that happened)

I would recommend you get a mavic pro for $500 off ebay or somewhere, if your not going to be using it much. If you want something a little better and a little newer get the mavic 2 for probably $1000 to $1200.

One more snippet of advice: NEVER buy a drone new! there are way too many excellent condition "I don't use it as much as I thought I would" drones on ebay or marketplace that are half price of new

Hope that helps!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)