AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making a form you can enter info in on a tablet.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 4/7/2022 16:39 (#9602110 - in reply to #9600385)
Subject: RE: Making a form you can enter info in on a tablet.

NEND

I made an input form in Goggle Sheets so I can access it from my tablet or phone for just this purpose. I made one worksheet that looks just like our state’s form (which looks quite similar to your’s). On a separate worksheet, I put an input form where I enter the information that populates the state form. I did it that way to have only the data that I need to edit in a more compact input list (many things in the state form populate automatically depending on things I select in the input form). I made several tables that are referenced in drop down lists in the input form or formulas in the state form. For example, I have a drop down in the input form for applicator. I have an applicator table with name, address, applicator license number. The applicator license number automatically populates in the state form depending on which applicator is selected in the input form. Similar to the field I select from a drop down list, I have the legal description in the table, it populates the field name/legal description in the state form automatically. I also have a chemical info sheet where I enter the name, rain fast interval, pre-harvest interval, PPE info, REI. I pick chemicals from the drop down box and the PPE automatically populates as well as the REI (I have a table that calculates the maximum amount of all the REI’s for the applied chemicals on the field and add that amount of hours to the stop time, so it shows the exact time someone can re-enter the field). I’m a bit hesitant to share the file as I don’t want to assume any liability for any errors I may have for the chemical info, but if you are interested, I could fill in some generic chemical info and provide it either as a guide to make your own, or to use after you edit what’s there. The only thing I can’t do on my tablet or phone is fill in the coverage, I draw it in after I print it. The whole thing works pretty well, but I do wish I could make it generate a new sheet with the state report for every application. I have though about making my input form a table/database with rows of data and then a person could make reports for chemical used and select one line/application in a drop down on the state report and have it populate that way. I do enterprising at year end, so it’s important to me to document what and where I apply pesticides, etc. I usually rely on myself entering things correctly in my GPS display, but I have made errors and then I have to try and figure them out when I do the enterprising in the winter. Hope I’ve given you some ideas on what can be done with Google Sheets for this purpose.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)