AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

older quicken and checks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 2/18/2022 08:37 (#9510380 - in reply to #9508956)
Subject: RE: older quicken and checks

North central North Dakota

I have been printing checks for many years.  I used to print my own checks and bought blank check stock material.  Now I just buy through Costco and get the fancy secure ones.

For me, I like like to enter my payments in the computer and then print out checks as needed.  I have a Canon laser printer with a pull down tray to sets checks on when I print checks.  Very fast and simple.  I have window envelopes for checks.  I staple the sub to the invoice/statement for my records.

I have a checkbook I carry with me and will write out checks, then when I get home I just enter that check into the computer with the check number used - accounting done.

End of month I get statements from banks, reconcile on the computer, all balances out.  

Any online or ACH payments are entered in the check register in the computer as i do them.  I also enter credit card charges as I make them and then pay the credit card account off when I get the statement.

At any time of year I can print out balance sheets and income statements.

I know others do it other ways but this is what works for me - doing it for many years.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)