AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PureOS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 2/10/2022 11:00 (#9493632 - in reply to #9491907)
Subject: RE: PureOS

If you want to use Quicken and SMS in Linux, probably the best question to ask yourself is, “do I want most of my hobby time and some of my business time to be devoted to resolving compatibility issues or not?”

There is nothing wrong with wanting to learn and spend your time that way but the reality is that it will take quite a bit of time to get things running correctly.

For someone who knows Linux it most likely would not take much time at all. Maybe a half day or so. But if you don’t, it could take a long time just to figure out how to get your hard drive partitioned correctly and get your hardware compatibility issues resolved and get a windows virtual machine set up within Linux and give the virtual machine the correct access to hardware resources and on and on.

Each item on that list and many more will require significant research if you’re unfamiliar with them. Each item in that list will go very quickly if you are familiar but if you were familiar you probably would not be asking here.

I would not recommend PureOS if it’s just a Linux distro (I haven’t looked into into it). I would recommend the more common ones so when you run into problems you have a larger support base to ask questions. I mess with Ubuntu or Mint when I feel like banging my head against a wall because those are the ones I’m familiar with that have a large user base but there are others as well. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)