AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Installing new eero unit soon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/13/2022 09:42 (#9437367 - in reply to #9437058)
Subject: RE: Update

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
lee95 - 1/13/2022 06:58

I have an internet that works the same as yours and when I switch routers I have to call them and they have to enter in numbers off the new router into my account so the new router will communicate with there system. I installed a eero awhile back and it works awesome. I actually used the exact same network name and password as the old router and then all of the devices automatically connected to the new router otherwise you will have to go through and reconnect each item.

That could well be my situation. Switching my iPhone and iPad to the new network is quite familiar to me as I need to do so when I use my phone as a remote for my shed door openers homemade device that I made. If I'm standing by the shed, the phone may switch to that network (access point) automatically or I may have to manually force it to switch. Maybe now that the new network is stronger, the auto switching may not be so automatic.

I'm thinking that my iPhone or iPad will switch to either the old network or the new network when I'm in the house depending on which is stronger. I tried telling the iPad to "forget the old network" but then I seemed to lose the new network option.

Edited by tedbear 1/13/2022 09:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)