AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Differences in picture handling iPhone 6 versus iPhone 8
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/2/2021 07:31 (#9354526 - in reply to #9354466)
Subject: Joe's Link

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The link Joe suggested explained the situation. All that is necessary is to go within the camera App on the iPhone 8 and toggle the "live" option off. Then only one file is created. The article seems to imply that this was a feature that my old iPhone 6 had and could have been toggled ON. My iPhone 8 apparently defaulted to "live" ON. Once it is toggled OFF, it remains OFF until it is toggled ON again. I will leave it OFF as I don't see a need for it.

I took a test picture with the iPhone 8 after turning "live" OFF. I then connected the iPhone 8 to my computer and looked into the most recent subfolder in the DCIM folder. It showed only one file for today's picture but two files for the previous pictures.

When I used File Manager to look at today's picture, it appeared sideways and fuzzy. After a while it resized, rotated and became clear all on its own without any intervention on my part.

If I copy the .jpg file from the iPhone 8 to my hard drive and then view it there, it appears normal, in the proper rotation and clear.

Thanks for the replies

Edited by tedbear 12/2/2021 07:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)