AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm management software change
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tyrider
Posted 11/27/2021 22:23 (#9346148)
Subject: Farm management software change

Have been using Trimble Ag Software (Farmworks) since early 2000's. Looking at upgrading computers so would possibly lose TAS as I don't think I could install it. Would like to go to a cloud based solution to not be tied to the laptop. Like having accounting and farm records tied together in the same software.
Have looked into Traction, Granular, Ag Connections (land.db), Trimble Ag that would probably fit the bill. My current concern is how I will I read files off of displays in the future. Mostly GS2 files from 2600. Currently, I read files with FOViewer to get them to Yield Editor to clean yield data. Then use QGIS to average yield points in each zone to build VRA.
When we update equipment and displays in the future, what can I use to read the files (SMS, Trimble Ag, Granular). Like using Trimble Ag desktop, FOViewer, Yield Editor, QGIS because of the cost (mostly free), but would be nice to be able to do the above more seamlessly.
Have looked at Easy Farm, PC Mars, Farm biz also. They look strong on the accounting, but make my data handling harder because they don't work with logged data. Is there a solution I'm overlooking? Also not finding pricing for Ag Connections.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)