AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FaceBook Account Hacked -- How to find code for using 2 forms of authentication
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

billw
Posted 10/26/2021 22:03 (#9288929 - in reply to #9288114)
Subject: RE: FaceBook Account Hacked -- How to find code for using 2 forms of authentication

E. Kansas
Thanks for the reply.

I can log in to FB with user name and password, and next screen says to enter the code from the code generator. Problem is that I do not receive the code and cannot select where to send it because the log in process does not get to a screen with anything except the message saying to enter the code and the box to type it in, and what to do if that doesn't work. That only leads to screens that give options of how to identify yourself to FB in other ways, such as sending pics of your Driver's License or other Government issued ID, or some other things like utility bills or bank statements that show your name and date of birth and one has to have your picture.. I will not be sending any of that to FB, even though they say it will be kept protected (protected from who???) and then they will supposedly delete it in a few months or so.

I can't say that I remember selecting to have the 2 forms of Authentication, but maybe it was and I forgot. I have no email/text/etc history of that, even though I do have the initial email from FB when the account was set up. The 2FA wasn't needed to log into FB the whole time it's been used, both on phone and PC, and I have changed phones during that time.

In some further reading on this, I understand some hacked FB accounts that did not have 2FA set up were changed by the hacker to require 2FA and the hacker also set it up so FB sends the code to devices that aren't yours, so you can't complete the 2FA login and recover your account. You'll have to send in other info as described above, to ever gain access to your account. But I'm not sure I still don't have something set up wrong outside of FB to make the 2FA work.

I only use FB to keep in touch with some folks, check out Market Place, follow some events/etc that only are available on FB, and that kind of stuff. Never use it to conduct business details, send money, or share confidential and personal details that I wouldn't tell anyone in person who asked. I'm not wanting to abandon my FB account, with all the friends set up, forums followed, etc.,, but life will go on just fine if I do abandon the account and set up a new one.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)