AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FaceBook Account Hacked -- How to find code for using 2 forms of authentication
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

billw
Posted 10/24/2021 20:55 (#9285345)
Subject: FaceBook Account Hacked -- How to find code for using 2 forms of authentication

E. Kansas
My FaceBook account was hacked this weekend and is sending goofy messages/videos, probably a virus, to FB friends. Some have sent me phone texts to let me know about it, plus FB sends emails indicating messages were received from different FB friends.

I can log in to the first part of FB from both a PC and Android phone, and have changed FB password. To complete the login, I need the code (QR code?) that the FB login screen/app indicates has been sent. This is for the 2FA (two forms of authentication). Where is this code that is sent located on a PC and on an Android?

No phone number was associated with the FB account, but an email address is. Both Google and Microsoft Authenticator apps are on my Samsung A21 phone. Beyond that, I have no idea where this code is sent or how to find it. Once found, it looks like the code is just typed on FB login screen to complete the login.

Anything I've found online so far is either outdated, or shows screens with menu options that I don't even have. I downloaded the new FB app for my phone today so it should be the current app.

Thanks in advance for any assistance how to make this work. Not sure how something that should be simple can be made so ambiguous with such useless explanations.

Edited by billw 10/24/2021 21:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)