AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Revaccination or deny
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/8/2022 04:41 (#9971224 - in reply to #9971143)
Subject: RE: Revaccination or deny

If it was me I would give Bovi-sheild gold one shot, your choice of 7 or 8 way. I wouldn't give Inforce again, its a good one but you should still have 80% or better protection with it already. I thought it should give you 3-4 months protection on it. Maybe look at something with Somnus in the Ultrabac 7/8 if you ever had that problem.

If I read right these calves are off the cow now? Only thing if on cow still, its off label to give Bovi-shield to nursing calves if cows never had it. I never had a problem in the early years of using it on calves nursing if weren't sure cows had ever had it. We reached a point in time all our herd had been exposed to Bovi-shield if was never a concern. I never saw a shedding problem from calf to cow.

Only problem I ever saw was 35 years ago, we gave a killed vaccine, CattleMaster 4 to milking cows to help bridge the gap on cows that never got Bovi-shield as a heifer. We aborted a few about a week after. Never gave second dose. Just lived with our coverage, and made sure all heifers received 2 doses of Bovi-shield before we ever bred them. Finally turned those cows around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)