AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

At 62, do you continue buying Disability Insurance.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/7/2022 09:17 (#9920099 - in reply to #9919805)
Subject: RE: At 62, do you continue buying Disability Insurance.

Pittsburg, Kansas
My experience with insurance companies is they like to pay small claims. Those make them look good to the buying public.

The high dollar claims, they get a lot more picky. I had a grain bin collapse full of corn. 100,000 bushel bin full. It was no problem till they found out the size of the bin and what it cost to replace. Then they hired an engineer to say it was collapsed because it was filled unevenly. Impossible because filled with air system with the factory diffuser exactly in the center and cone centered. We always checked when filling.

At that point I knew the big city engineer was hired to get out of the claim. His explanation didn't make sense. (What actually caused it was a section of the floor collapsed and started a chain reaction on that side). Come to find out collapse was not included in the policy. That was an additional rider I didn't have (and didn't know I needed).

Less than a year later I paid for the 100,000 bushel bin out of my own pocket and got a new insurance company and agent.

They had always paid dinky claims happily.

Edited by John Burns 11/7/2022 09:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)