AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

crohn's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WCGrad
Posted 11/6/2022 17:12 (#9919207 - in reply to #9902394)
Subject: RE: crohn's

WC Ohio
Sorry to hear this. I am not going to be much help but I have been dealing with it for over 5 years. I am the same as you as in the food will be fine today but will tear my butt up next week. Eggs are your friend or atleast mine. I don’t have trouble with weight or pain luckily but sudden urges and diarrhea are constantly around 6+ times a day. Yes I go more in 1 day than most do in a week.

As someone else said get a dr that specializes in irritable bowl disease. There are GI drs everywhere but many don’t have what it takes. I am getting ready to switch to the Cleveland Clinic I think because the more local ones cannot seem to get it under control. The first dr in Columbus gave 2 options for drugs Hummira and Remicade then started on Hummira and I felt like crap. He wouldn’t change so I changed to a Dr in Lima and she has tried but the Stelara and now Entyvio have quit working they just won’t stay in my system. Both worked for a period of time and quit. She is a good doctor and did more lab work before the colonoscopy than they did in Columbus in 18 months.

Now I am not going to try to scare you but don’t delay and down play it. I spent 24 days in the hospital in March and April of 2020 with a bowl resection because of a perforation while doing the second colonoscopy. Of the 24 days I was alone because of covid 21 of them. While in the hospital I remember the dr asking my parents the first night if I held a job and how many days a month I missed they told her none and never has except when they tried oral medication. She has told me several times since that anyone with a colonoscopy as bad as mine is on full disability because they can’t leave the house. I firmly believe that stress makes it worse and that I have to keep beating it down in my mind or it will win. I have to keep going and not think about it or it could easily control my life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)