AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Make your five predictions for 2010
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 12/29/2009 03:16 (#991380 - in reply to #991220)
Subject: Re: Make your five predictions for 2010

Strictly speculation. I feel the 'silence is deafening' on the Iranian situation. A lot of blogs & videos uploaded from Iran provided more information than the mainstream media. When I note the violence & folks in the street of all ages & the brutality I have the gut hunch several intelligence agencies are 'on the ground' & also believe Russia & China, as does the USA, recognize Iran could be a major consuming nation vs the grief they are causing everyone.

I vividly recall the over throw of the Shah ..I believe the Mullahs have their hands full ...when citizens have access to television & other forms of media venues..I believe the fundamentalists may be facing a challenge. While it is apples and oranges in some respects, the Papists are unable to prevent women from using the pill...in many respects the priesthood is changing...I recall a couple of years ago watching a dvd titled 'weeping camel'...folks in Mongolia --out on the highlands--live in yurts but want more and more consumer goods....having some limited experience with Arabs....tradition is one thing...money is another....a lot of ignorance in some of those areas and folks do 'wise up.' A change in Iran removes a big, big risk premium in petroleum...opens markets..time will tell...my guts feel as those 'something big is afoot...' ..or maybe its just the Chili I made this afternoon.

Additionally, with the amount of the reward offered for these high profile terrorists....I have some real doubts the big dude...Osama, is even alive.

Edited by SeniorCitizen 12/29/2009 03:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)