AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn price poll: Please jump in with your opinions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JDB1980
Posted 12/22/2009 04:30 (#979312 - in reply to #979183)
Subject: RE: Corn price poll: Please jump in with your opinions

Personally- $3.00
reasons-
1. Not for everyone out there, granted, you can get on the monsantoperformance.com website and find 200 plus yields everwhere in the midwest.... it isn't usually like that. granted, there has been extreme hail in some places and too much rain in others, - just an observation.

2. cattle numbers down according to my cell phone last friday. also, i did not see one new hog confinement be built in 2009, while i few of my neighbors got rid of hog and cattle all together.

3. corn exports are bad- however may change.

4. Government - financial system quagmires.

Points of optimism.
1. Elwynn Taylor, a man i have alot of faith in, says if we make it to 2011 w/o a drought, it will be the longest stretch (23 years) over the past 800 according to tree rings. so odds are either 2010 or 2011. a small hickup in supply would create a very large rally.

2. Definately not looking forward to this, but wonder if gvmt would ever try to get their hands into the large seed corn companies and ever attack their "monopolies" - may cheapen up seed, however, would definately shut down technology investment.

3. I beleive a deep quick downturn would create a mass exodus of older farmers, that have been wanting to retire, just have been in a profitable few years. scenario like the hogs of 1993. possibly fostering another generation into this business
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)