AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9300 John Deere fuel bleed back issue.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bretmckinney
Posted 7/27/2022 18:17 (#9768968 - in reply to #9757249)
Subject: RE: 9300 John Deere fuel bleed back issue.

I installed a new transfer pump on back of head. It appears nothing has changed. No fuel in antifreeze. Once started engine runs great. We previously had a JD 9400 with the same fuel system and it ran great the years we had it, we did nothing but regular macitence on it. I will say if I haven’t already, (9400)it started with a flick of the starter. Very reliable! Even hot out 9300 takes a few revolutions to start like it’s starving for fuel. I know any electronic fired motor normally takes two revolutions to start, this is longer. I did remove the fuel pressure regulator from the block on back of head and did see some wear. I’m not sure I saw $800 worth of wear though. The line that comes from the regulator dumps back into the pump inlet causing the pump to possibly recirculate fuel. I really wonder what the correct fuel pressure are supposed to be? At the test port?? It’s been a few moons ago when I tested our 9400s fuel pressure but I remember it maxing my 100psi gauge out rather quickly after starting it…

(image (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image (full).jpg (106KB - 174 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)