AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some What If's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 12/18/2009 18:05 (#973501 - in reply to #972955)
Subject: Re: Some What If's

I've had just a touch of experience in dealing with other cultures in trading & I have always been impressed by the Chinese. They, much as the Japanese, look at the long term....they recognize potential problems, perhaps quicker than do we, except their methods can be more subtle and polite (i guess is the term) ..plus they have patience and are reluctant to take actions to render a financial loss unless they have some sort of contingency plan or simply have no choice. However, when they do act, they are decisive. The spending habits of our people must, at times, shock them...and concern them...although it is apples and oranges I am reminded of a fellow many, many years ago who was going through a rough period--actually was a broker with a small business--& I felt sorry for him and he got into me pretty good; they lived way beyond their means & always promised he was going to get his life under control...one weekend he invited the spouse and I to join them for a golf game....in the clubhouse I heard this horrible story with his wife in tears & the whole routine & he needed another $12K...I looked at my wife.....folded with the stern warning "this is it-no more." My check went into his lawyer's bank account the following Monday, they filed Chapter 7 & I have never again heard from either of them. I don't even know if he is alive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)