AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey JonSCKs, what’s the current fuel supply?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 5/25/2022 00:11 (#9674056 - in reply to #9673411)
Subject: Sorry been busy

Patriot81 - 5/24/2022 12:58

I know you have some pretty in depth numbers on what the normal running supply of ethanol and petroleum is. What do we have on hand of gas, ethanol, diesel and crude?

Are we running tight on supply? What does the fuel outlook look like for the summer? Will there be shortages like I’m hearing?

Any info is appreciated!

it’s been a busy but blessed week for us.. unlike others we have been extremely dry.. we finally got just under 2” of much needed rain today with possibly more coming.

too late for a big game changer for us on the HRW wheat.. but might add some test wheat for those plants not shut down..  we were running about 2 weeks behind.. went from head exertion to starting grain fill in about 10 days.. vs a more normal 3 weeks in a good year.. bummer.

Despite that we hope to have some decent wheat in spots.. time will tell.. Harvest is probably about 2 weeks out now.

Our fall crops.. ‘ Dpt for sorghum are mostly in.. and this soaker will aid that.

Wednesday is a big data dump day for crude stocks, production, gasoline, diesel and ethanol.. so pointless to start in tonight when we get new numbers tomorrow.

what I can say is that Petroleum supply in the US is slowly coming back up..
However, Demand may be coming back faster.. post Covid coupled with world events.

Putin has Europe over a barrel.. as US LNG, Diesel (reportedly) and whatever else is being shipped overseas.

The spike in Natural gas not only affects fertilizer but also octane (which should support ethanol). While corn prices and cheaper Soybean meal.. pressuring ddgs prices.. hinders ethanol.

hmmm I don’t know what else to say.. what’s the next black swan to come upset everyone’s best laid plans?

why bother making plans at this point anyway?

However if the tide rolls in.. at some point it’ll turn.. have to be one day closer to seeing that.. whenever it may come..??

good luck.

cheers.

Last weeks numbers..

https://ir.eia.gov/wpsr/overview.pdf

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WDIEXUS2&f=W

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WDISTUS1&f=W

etc 

If I get time I’ll update but a busy week.

my father who was 91 lived a long happy life.. we celebrate his passing on Friday.  Raised during the depression.. went to High School right after WW2.. Farmed through the droughts of the 1950s.. the busts of the 1980s.. and hung in there pretty good after Y2K.

If that generation could survive that.. surely we can get through whatever is coming.

Cheers. 

Edited by JonSCKs 5/25/2022 00:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)