AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

An open invite if in neighborhood this winter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jbatmick
Posted 12/15/2009 07:46 (#967233 - in reply to #966499)
Subject: Re: An open invite if in neighborhood this winter

Hastings, Florida
Well, lets see now. About 80 degrees yesterday, so far this year lowest has been about 40 for several mornings, but always warmed up to 70 during the day. No frost yet. We will usually have about a dozen freezing nights a year.The oranges need a little cooler weather to be sweet, activates the sugar in them.Smaller acreages are available, but according to my real estate friend, they were in very high demand before this current economic mess we are in. I see plenty of wooded, rural places being developed offering 10 to 20 wooded acres to build on. 10 to 20 grand an acre. I see several 4 to 5 acre parcels listed for sale around 6 to 7 an acre.Waterfront much higher.Lots of horse lovers looking for a place for their animals.Plenty of partially built developments that were never finished, developers went broke. Some half finished houses been sitting for 2 years. Florida actually lost population last year, according to one report I read. Some 58,000 fewer folks living here. Cost of living is getting much higher and not many jobs, violence in cities is bad,taxes are getting tremendous, urban sprawl is creeping in.After saying all that, I will say there are some very good home bargains to be had, real estate prices are about 2/3 prices of 3 years ago, and we have one of the highest foreclosure rates in nation. Buyers market for sure.

Edited by Jbatmick 12/15/2009 08:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)