AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm a bit bewildered by the purist capitalism thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Outdoor Dave
Posted 12/14/2009 19:37 (#966422 - in reply to #964530)
Subject: Yes, lets encourage work in the tax code

SE Nebraska

First, we would have to define work. I would argue that work is something that produces something that is economically productive. So, investment income would be non taxable, but museum donations would be. Farmers income would not be taxed, but a majoirity of college proffessors would (tell me what kind of job you are qualified to do with a degree in African-American studies or in Philosophy). By the tax code, welfare (if it existed) would be taxable but earned income in a productive field would not.

Taking a risk with your earned income that creates a product or jobs would be non taxable, but income from making a movie or CD would be taxable.

Don, I agree with your sentiment that we need to encourage work, but to do that you reduce the taxes on the producers, and create incentive (ie no welfare) for the non productive to contribute to society rather than suck off it like a leech.

Part of the problem was stated right in your post. Those that are working don't need welfare. They need to realistic about their situation and set their expectations accordingly. No education and no expeirience doesnt mean you should get paid enough (to put three screws in the back of a clothes dryer) to own a home, a new car, a harley, have a cell phone etc. Improve yourself and make yourself more valuable, either through education or experience, and live the American Dream. I know where you are from in Iowa. I used to work at Frigidaire in Webster City. I saw it. I went to graveyard and put myself through college. it can be done. It takes want to and follow through.

I have a quote from Che Guevera (an icon of the left), sympathy is a disease of dogs. You make your bed, you live with it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)