AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

amsunshine, we'll be visiting your backyard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 12/14/2009 11:47 (#965776 - in reply to #965284)
Subject: Re: amsunshine, we'll be visiting your backyard

Blooming where I am planted!

Glad you had a great time Paul!  I know what you mean about old favorites...when you find something you like, you get in kind of a rut. 

If you're going to do a show next time and happen to be by North Avenue, I'd HIGHLY recommend Trattoria DiNotto.  My friend Karen and I have been going there for YEARS (ever since graduating college), and Joel and I hit that spot a couple weekends ago.  The food is incredible, service is unobtrusive and efficient, great atmosphere.  They tend to ask if you're going to a show, and will point you towards quicker-cooking dishes that will get you out in time for the show if time is an issue.

Also, here's a guide to restaurants by theatre.  You just click on the theatre you'll be visiting and it tells you the restaurants that are right by there. 

http://www.theatreinchicago.com/eat.php

If you're on north Halsted Street, I'd HIGHLY recommend Cafe Ba-Ba-Ree-Ba!  It's a Spanish restaurant (think tapas, paella, sangria).  Really a fun place!

As always, reservations are advised on those busy theatre nights, though some restaurants either don't take reservations, or take them only for large parties.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)