AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Day four following concussion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Gromit
Posted 12/13/2009 16:26 (#964402 - in reply to #962738)
Subject: RE: Day four following concussion

Lac qui Parle County Minnesota
While I too appreciate everyone's concern, I've had many rides in the back of an ambulance with pt's with concussions, you've done about as much as you can, considering the time. Your local ER has the base line cat scan in which to gauge any future scans against. Having sat in on a number of scans, its pretty hard to hide a bleed in the brain or cranium. Just make sure you're symptoms don't get any worse. And realistically, if there was acute trauma, you would have either had surgery or been dead by now. Concussions are scarey. The NFL now has started doing some more extensive studies on head injuries. My first 15 years on the ambulance squad, we had very little training on concussions. The last 3 or 4 years now, its been a major topic, especially when it relates to sports injuries. We had a neighbor who fell backwards off a combine later onto cement. Left a nice verticle crack on the back of his skull. Happened about 5-6 years ago, but still has some linger effects.
Sounds like you whacked it pretty good, so it will take awhile to recover. Hope you have a speedy recovery and don't hesitate to get in if things get worse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)