AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Day four following concussion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JoBob
Posted 12/12/2009 21:28 (#963115 - in reply to #963007)
Subject: Re: Day four following concussion

West Central Wisconsin
We had gotten 2 inches of snow by the time I had everything put away. Backing the spreader tractor up the approach of the shed I had spun out leaving a very slick patch of ice. The funny thing is I had slipped on it just minutes before I fell. After falling I remember trying to get up and how difficult it was for my legs to do what I wanted them to do and I remember leaning to one side as I walked to the house. It was not dark when I shut the doors maybe 4:45 but when I walked over to the house it was dark, a little after 5:00. The darkness seemed important to me, as mentioned before, I asked my wife several times how long it had been dark. My wife called my brother up from the barn and she told him what happened and he contacted his wife, a nurse, who advised a visit to the ER. My brother went to the shed to make sure I didn't leave anything running and when he returned told my wife he saw where I fell in the snow and that I hit my head on concrete. I have no recollection of my brother talking to us in the house. I do remember having difficulty in walking from the truck to the ER door. My legs were wobbly and felt like they would buckle. The rest of the night I can remember for the most part. Heck, I even changed a wiper blade on the truck before we got on the interstate home. I slept untill 10:00 AM the next day while my nephew helped his dad with milking and chores. I was back to the barn the following morning. I still get a little dizzy when I bend over milking cows or if I turn quickly, but that sounds normal according to the info sheet. Thanks for the offer to help OG, but we have it covered. Joe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)