AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2010 corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tns
Posted 12/1/2009 17:58 (#945527 - in reply to #945393)
Subject: Re: 2010 corn

Don the only part of your statement I agree with is the part about most farmers not wanting to do that. For the life of me I don't know why so many producers pass up opportunities with basis and carry. There are a lot of stigmas regarding commodity futures/hedging/etc. and some of them are well deserved, but in knowledgable hands they are just another tool in the grain marketing game. Too many people believe in certain marketing philosophies just because it was what grandpa and dad did, so it must be correct. I hate to see it but it will never change. I will continue to use every tool available when it comes to marketing grain and take advantage of any 5-10-15-50 cent opportunities that I can find just by understanding a couple of simple terms. If you don't want to do that, fine, but don't discourage others from educating themselves. Some day, maybe in the near future, 10 or 20 cents a bushel is going to mean a lot again. I still can't fathom why some people don't think it means anything now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)