AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Somebody talk some sense into me.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Newguy
Posted 11/29/2009 19:47 (#943083)
Subject: Somebody talk some sense into me.......

Renville Minnesota

Been farming full time now for 11 years.

Spent a good 8 of them thinking 3 dollar corn would make me a Millionare overnight. 

The last five years the small local coop has a bin building crew that has averaged building a million bu worth of bins a year on farms. 

ALL elevators in a 40 mile radius of me have added at least half to a million bushels of capacity in last five years. Im being conservative on this.

This fall Local elevator called, heard we had some corn picked, we did, they were out, and nobody had any for the feed mill, we made a deal.  Long story short, they were empty to start.   

Today, there are PILES on the ground at most of these elevators, everybody has full bins, and Im thinking 3.60 cent corn is looking REAL GOOD!    Chicago has over 4.40 in Dec 2010,11,12  That looks real goooooood too! 

I know the dollar, pollitics, ethanol, exports, etc plays a big role in the market, but my freshman econ 101 course tought me about supply and demand.  I hear guys from North Dakota, to Ontario, to southern Illinois talking about being surprised about yield.....high yield.

AND:  All the "professional marketeers" are calling for prices to stay in the 3.40 to 4.10 range. IME: somethings going to happen, their usually wrongish. 

So Please, someone talk to me on an 8th grade level as to why I think the current prices look fairly attractive! 

Thanks! 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)