AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chaos in government
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 11/24/2009 14:00 (#936495 - in reply to #931682)
Subject: what is "ownership"

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
This is an interesting thread in that it brought up the topic of "ownership".

I have a friend I do business with. We chat from time to time. He noted years ago a comment from his granddaddy..... "eventually it comes down to not what you own, but what you can defend." I don't know if that lesson was from settler's experience out on the wild plains, but there is a number of ways one could relate in these times.

1- Defend with bullets..... we've done that against the Indians and other marauders when the country was settled. Isn't this still done in South Africa and in other frontier countries?

2- Defend with paper and words..... Legally, what does a person own? What's the definition of "ownership"??? It is based on words written by people who write words and interpret laws both in/out of Government. Insurance might fall in the legal tool for defense as it relates to my point #3.

3- Defend with money...... which may include buying off those in Goverment in the form of taxes and fees as well as graff.... if things get worse buy plenty of horsepower in both 1 and 2.... especially 1.

The key point is that the current administration and "leadership" in power are all willing to challenge rights layed out in our Bill of Rights and Constitution.....the brilliant brain child of the Founding Fathers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)