AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Debt is a tool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pilotasco
Posted 11/23/2009 13:13 (#935323 - in reply to #933692)
Subject: Re: Debt is a tool

NW MN
I just finished the 13 week Financial Peace University program put on by a member of a local church. They paid 1/2 of the program for everyone and if you were a member they paid for it all. That was a decision by the board. I was the only self employed person in the program, all others either had one or both spouses working. The program was good. It made us all think. I like his radio and TV show. Mainly I would like to make my wife aware of the interest she is paying on her credit cards. We were both older when we were married and have separate accounts. She is learning slowly. I'm the saver, she's the spender but when I buy it is usually expensive. I got some good practical advice from the program. Some of it I grew up with, like if you want it save for it. I think it will make an impact in the people that attended it. They plan on another class because of a waiting list. Limited to 12 couples/ class. The discussion from the chapters is good. He does have a corporate program but I don't know what that is like. So what if he went broke, found a calling and religion and is making money off other people. This is Capitalism in America. I am still paying on land purchases and operating and some machinery to operate the size farm we do but some things can wait or pay cash for. Next year it will be finishing a shop that has been on a 3 year plan. Tile is another thing paid for in cash, not huge numbers but where needed. Crown financial is good too and Dave R talks a lot about Larry Burkett.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)