AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Debt is a tool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmn4$
Posted 11/23/2009 10:27 (#935195 - in reply to #935172)
Subject: Re: Debt is a tool

The bible doesn't say don't borrow money, but it clearly outlines the potential risks of borrowing--risks that we cannot always control!!!!

Art is certainly CORRECT, THE BIBLE APPLIES TO ALL PARTS OF LIFE--PERSONAL AND BUSINESS(at lease it should).

Art--I agree, Dave R. is certainly not in favor of farming/farmland purchase as a business because of the low ROI, but I am sure he likes to eat, so I guess w/out our low ROI business(which I agree w/) he wouldn't get to eat(as easily).

I think Dave Ramsey is as "REAL" as they come regarding money and spending problems, etc., but I also know(because of some of his on-air comments) that he remains bitter about some of the things that happened to him in the past because of his credit card use/abuse. Specific story--he told his listeners one day that he hasn't gone into a SEARS store for ~20 years because the last time he went in they denied him using his SEARS credit card because it was over limit. (side note-He also mentioned that he still buys Craftsman tools, but at the flee market.) I understand being upset, but I don't agree w/ not forgiving a person or business because they were just doing their job in limiting how much he(or anyone) could spend.

I have found that stubborn pride is one of the HARDEST SINS to overcome. I am guilty of it, as are many(including Dave Ramsey). Christ shines through our failures to help others and glorify himself. 2 Corinthians 4--specifically(7-12).

Continuously striving to do as Christ wishes...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)