AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting Gold Numbers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmn4$
Posted 11/19/2009 13:49 (#930330 - in reply to #930227)
Subject: Yes, But.......

You imply and many believe(not because you imply) that the interest rate increase/stuff downturn will happen at a speed where by the average person can sell the stuff and pay off the debt and still make money.

Truth is the "average person," through history, have never been able to accomplish the objective in a profitable way. History has shown, over and over, that the "smart money"(above average investor) is already out the door w/ a profit, before the "average investor" is even looking for the door.

My take, the smart money is getting out of gold, while the average investor is buying gold. History shows that leads to the average investor to losing money as the bubbles are fueled by "unwise" investment. That being said, people can make money buying gold today, but remember..."buy low & sell high," probably in the same day, likely in the same week, and certainly in the same month.

MY POINT! DON'T BUY GOLD W/ THE INTENT TO HOLD IT FOR VERY LONG. BUBBLES BURST AND GOLD IS LIKELY TO BE A BUBBLE(COMPARE IT TO THE OTHER BUBBLES OF THE LAST ~15 YEARS).

ADDITIONALLY, CNBC WON'T LIKELY TELL YOU WHERE TO INVEST. THEY ARE REPORTING WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW, WHICH I WOULD HAVE POSITIONED YESTERDAY TO CAPITALIZE ON. I HAVEN'T YET FOUND A WAY TO USE HINDSIGHT IN MY INVESTING CHOICES.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)