AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Frog in the pot Economy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/17/2009 10:14 (#927466 - in reply to #927402)
Subject: The lay of the land.

1) You make a good point. While traveling this summer I pulled into a filling station and overheard a conversation..

unemployed worker #1) Are they going to call us back?
unemployed worker #2) I've got a grievence to file about how we were treated.. I think we need to slow production down... etc... I know the next time I get called back I'm not going to work as hard.. we all have to stand together to force our greievences.

I was amazed at the open hostility to the place of employment who supplied their former livelihood by the two beer shoppers from the conversation I overheard... the term "fat and lazy" came to mind.. as well as "angry."

If I don't get my corn crop out.. or my wheat crop planted.. I get to look at the person "at fault" every morning in the mirror.. needless to say.. I didn't have much sympathy for the "crying in their beer" consumers. At least they will have "free health care" supported by the rest of us... though.

2) yup I agree.. but there are constraints... as well as risks to a 100% grain ethanol supply. I think we need to develop alternatives.. refuse, paper/timber waste, switchgrass, etc... The organic material concerns can be "managed" with good land stewardship.. rotating harvests.. etc.

3) I just think the whole country is in for one giant wake up call.. The realities we face are multitude.. see my original post above... yet our response as a country so far seems to be my "convenience store shoppers." If that is true.. we have a LONG WAY to go yet... God once sent the whiners of Israel on a 40 year road trip... Those who survived were allowed into the "promise land." I guess it all works out... one way or another.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)